.......Because they do not have to worry about collecting unemployment. I spent a good twenty minutes hitting the redial button on my phone to file my weekly unemployment claim.
........They also do not have to deal with high-priced health insurance. My monthly insurance payment just went up $100 a month. No one will marry me because they don't want to pay that.
.......And they don't have to go to a job where they have to be on their feet for five hours until their backs and knees and feet hurt. Or if they do, they have some super special biological feature that corrects any discomfort.
Oh my..it looks like I have two followers now! The Wiggle has shown up. Perhaps I should return the favor by subscribing to their blogs.
Riona asked me if letting Charles go was liberating. Yes, it was. It is bittersweet and there's not a corner of this miserable city that does not remind me of him, and once in a while I miss him awfully. But it has been SO liberating.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oooooh, unemployment. A scary word.
ReplyDeleteAnd in terms of marriage, the right person will be looking at you and not at the insurance premium.
I'm glad you feel like you made the right decision. I'd imagine that the constant press of memories will ease with time.