Muahahahahaaa! I am now following the Wiggle's blog and Riona. And it seems Riona, who I have not heard from for months, reads my ramblings quite regularly. Alliteration not intended.
What a day yesterday! I got harassed by petty criminals, got harassed by my boss, and I think I have flat feet from all the standing around.
Some students at the book store are scamming their financial aid or or buying books and reselling on the side, or they are trying to steal other things. Perhaps all three. One person saw them trying to slit the plastic wrapping around a book to get at a CD and someone else found an empty calculator package in their backpack.
They like to come in the store as a group of about six and then pick the most vulnerable, non threatening floor clerk(i.e. the dumb one, the one most easily pushed around...me) and have them go running all around the store showing them books as a distraction while the others get into mischief. They were in the store at least three times yesterday, maybe more. I only let myself get jerked around once. I had a feeling they were up to no good from the first for three reasons. One was, I thought it odd that the young man I was helping never took any of the books I showed him, and he never let me out of his sight. Two, he touched my hand when handing me a list of the things he needed, and I got an ill-feeling. I do not claim to have second sight or anything but something in me said he was up to no good. And three, which may have been the trigger for two, his hands were dreadfully hot and moist. A person usually does not have such sweaty hands, especially in winter, unless they are emotionally excited for some reason. I stayed away the next two times I saw them. There were four security guards at one point watching the group.
No word about or from Charles since Sunday. I lost one of the best friends I ever had when I said farewell to him. That is the most miserable part of it. But when I really start to miss him I think of all his annoying qualities. That usually cures me.
I saw a liscence plate yesterday that said TARDIS4. I had liscence plate envy.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Odd that you would bring up your campus bookstore. Just yesterday I was wondering about their flaws and surprises... I hope our shopkeepers don't have to put up with such hooligans. It sounds as if they had had some practice, which is a shame. =\ Hurrah that you didn't fall for their act more than once!
ReplyDeleteSurprise attack of the alliteration. ;)
I have license plate envy now, too, and I don't even have a car.
ReplyDelete