It is finally done! My temporary job is over! If I never have a job like that again it will be too soon. I have spent much of this week rather angry because they kept changing the schedule on me. Tuesday I went in expecting to work until 5 p.m. because I had been told that the last week the store would close then. I was informed that we were closing at 7. I was irate. No, I was furious. I was so sick of working late and then my evening being, come home, eat, go to bed. Wednesday I went in expecting to work until 7 again and hey! we are closing at 5. Hooray! They came to their senses. So yesterday I went in hoping for 5 again, nope sorry, closing time is at seven. I was beyond irate, beyond furious. I was stuck somewhere between strangling someone and being more depressed than I have in a long time......several weeks at least. Why is it that I keep getting stuck with jobs that a high school drop-out could do that always involve a lot of standing around doing nothing?
My legs and feet are still sore. Poor circulation plus standing on a hard surface for five hours makes for almost numb feet.
Still liberated, but I miss Charles a bit. And I keep thinking what he must be ging through. Am I as heartless as some people think? Perhaps heartlessness makes life easier.
Good today though....the Wiggle just sent me a flock of Dr. Who links.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hopefully you celebrated appropriately by watching Dr. Who all night. ;D
ReplyDelete(Disclaimer: I know basically nothing about him/the show, but I've seen it mentioned here a few times so I figured!)
You can thank the Wiggle for that one, Riona!!!
ReplyDelete