I got the news last week, another one of my friends is getting married. She is, of course, younger than me, as are the other three whose weddings I have attended since July. At least I do not have to be a bridesmaid or gift attendant or cake server for this one. But then, I see such trouble some people in relationships have, and I am glad I am single an unattached. And I find Valentine's day a rather stupid holiday anyway.
I am happy because Sirius is in the sky. My favorite star. So bright, so colorful, so beautiful! No jewel of the earth can compare, and jewelers would not dare try to compete. Have you ever noticed how winter stars are more bright and magnificent than summer stars? I think God made it that way. He made the winter stars brighter and more beautiful so we would miss the Sun less in long nights.
Winter has not much time left, however. I found tiny little leaflings on the willow tree yesterday afternoon. And unfortunately, fire ants do not go away for the winter, I got bit Sunday. While I would love snow, I do not envy the people in Kentucky their ice storm. Being without light at heat for weeks would drive me mad.
What's the point of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment